Certificate of Excellence in Citizen-Centric Reporting
The AGA Guam Chapter received the Certificate of Excellence in Citizen-Centric Reporting for Fiscal Year 2012-2013 which applauds and recognizes \the AGA Guam Chapter's commitment to good governance and responsible fiscal action reflected in the Citizen-Centric Report produced for its members.
See the Certificate of Excellence in CCR award letter here.
Government of Guam entities that are interested in applying for the Certificate of Excellence in Citizen-Centric Reporting can read the information from the AGA National website or as described below:
AGA National offers a Certificate of Excellence in Citizen-Centric Reporting for entities that prepare and distribute high-quality Citizen-Centric Reports (CCRs). To be eligible for the certificate, governments must incorporate into their report the program’s high standards of content, visual appeal, readability, distribution and timeliness in reporting as outlined below in the Judging Guidelines.
AGA will examine the reports and make suggestions for improvement.
The following elements must be included in the report to be eligible for the Certificate of Excellence:
1. How the entity is organized/operates (items such as vision statement and strategic goals)
2. Key accomplishments surrounding missions and service, along with selected performance measures.
3. Bar and/or pie charts to display revenues and expenses.
4. Statements are listed, such as, "An independent audit was conducted, resulting in a clean audit opinion. Complete financial information can be found at www.xyz.gov."
5. Future challenges affecting the entity.
6. Feedback statements, such as, "We want to hear from you. Do you like this report? Do you believe it should include any other information? Please let us know by contacting xxx."
7. Report is free of technical accounting language.
8. Report incorporates pictures and other graphics to make it visually appealing.
9. Report has been distributed (hardcopy, posted to website and/or posted in newspaper)
10. Report is issued in a timely manner following the close of the entity’s fiscal year.
There is no cost to participate in the program.
To have your report reviewed, please complete the appropriate application below, and forward along with five copies of your report (and/or include a link to a website where the report is posted) to: The Citizen-Centric Reporting Program, AGA, 2208 Mount Vernon Avenue Alexandria, VA 22301, or via email email@example.com.